The MERCon 2019 organizing committee invites proposals for workshops with the aim of providing our participants with the opportunity to present and discuss novel trends and scientific contributions in all engineering disciplines, We strongly encourage the workshops to be highly interactive and of high demand.
Proposals are limited to no more than five pages and should contain the following information:
- Organizers’ names, affiliations and email addresses with one person identified as the primary contact person.
- Description of the workshop in terms of abstract, objectives, goals, relevance to Engineering discipline and expected outcomes.
- Motivation for why MERCon workshop on this topic will be effective.
- Description of target audience, estimated number of participants and how the participants can be attracted.
- Workshop duration, format, activities, and schedule.
- List of program committee members and their short biographies describing relevant of qualifications and experience.
- Preliminary list of invited speakers (if any) and their brief profiles.
All workshop proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria.
- Relevance of the workshop to the engineering disciplines.
- Interest in the community on the important technical topic in concern.
- Novelty with respect to other conference forums.
- Likelihood of strong participation.
- Strength of the profile of researchers Confirmation program committee member.
- Profiles of the keynote speaker or a tutorial presenter.
- Letters of support from colleagues/researchers indicating their interest and intent to participate in this workshop.
Prospective workshop organizers are invited to submit their proposals to the Workshops Chairs below:
Dr. Sulochana Sooriyaarachchi
Dr. A.B.N. Dassanayake
Deadline: 15 February 2019
Call for workshops – flyer here.